Just finished a short film shot on hacked GH2, feedback appreciated!

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Keith Lommel
Contributing MemberPosts: 694Gear list
Like?
Re: Posting clips on Vimeo versus on You Tube
In reply to Francis Carver, Jan 21, 2013

Francis Carver wrote:

Well, the Vimeo clip I watched had the "HD" logo blanked out, so I assume it was not even in 720p HD, since that is also considered HD, alongside 1080p Full-HD.

Odd... when I view the video on Vimeo, I'm able to turn the HD button on or off...

I do not by rule watch ANYTHING on Vimeo any more, the image quality is just so plain poor. They compress the hell out of everything to save bandwidth. There are no such issues on You Tube that I am aware of, in fact I am rather surprised you did not park your short film there in glorious 1080p Full HD.

Yeah, I wanted to put it on YouTube in 1080p, but they won't allow me to upload anything longer than 15 minutes. Supposedly there's a procedure for enabling uploading of longer videos by "verifying" your account, but this requires having a code sent to your phone by SMS. And unfortunately, YouTube has problems sending SMS to certain cell networks in Japan (it's a known issue), so there's no way for me to complete the "verification" process, and I'm therefore left with Vimeo. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Keith Lommel's gear list:Keith Lommel's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +32 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow