Started Jan 21, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ctlow
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
Future of Four-Thirds
Jan 21, 2013

Copied from a E-5 news  article (newbie, didn't realize at first I wasn't in a "forum"):

It's all a bit agonizing for an E-620 owner (former E-500). Very happy overall although I'm sure that Olympus wishes it had designed the whole FT line with bigger sensors - the only thing which has really impinged is the poor low-light capability.
Back in the 1970s my siblings all got Olympus TRP-35s - very simple battery-less cameras which took great photos, with at that time very respected lenses. Just to say that it is the lens on which I concentrate the most attention.
But: should one stick with the Olympus FT system? Selling it and starting with something else will be expensive! At the moment, I'm looking for a Leica f25 f1.4 lens - not cheap, even used. What happens when/if the body fails and I have all these lenses and all that's available are upper-end E5s and maybe something like an E7? Pricey for an amateur photographer!
OTOH, my son just got into Nikon, and whatever happens with that in the future won't be for the frugal either!

I like my camera system. What's its future?

ctlow's gear list:ctlow's gear list
Canon PowerShot A720 IS Olympus E-620 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-620
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow