Sluggish X100 in cold weather?

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stephenbw
Senior MemberPosts: 2,377Gear list
Like?
Re: Sluggish X100 in cold weather?
In reply to jerrycambuk, Jan 21, 2013

It is 12 months since I last had mine out in the snow and I can't recall having a problem then, though that would be using earlier firmware, so maybe my expectations were lower.
I am planning on taking mine out later today to get some snow shots; I'll see how I go on.

Just a couple of points, not related to the weather. Did you format your card after downloading images? There have been numerous posts about slow start-ups and sluggish behaviour, but I believe that this only happens to us Mac users. Since it happened to me I have made it a habit to always format the card after replacing it in the camera.

The other point is the battery which you say showed three bars. The battery indicator is not accurate (I've switched mine off) and can go from three bars to dead in minutes, so maybe it wasn't as full as the camera indicated. If this was the case then this too can affect the behaviour of the camera.

Apologies if you are already aware of these issues, but I thought them worth mentioning just in case.
-- hide signature --

Stephen

Stephenbw's gear list:Stephenbw's gear list
Canon PowerShot A620 Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow