Camera you had the most fun with of all time?

Started Aug 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tord S Eriksson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,659Gear list
Like?
Re: Camera you had the most fun with of all time?
In reply to Ray Maines, Jan 21, 2013

Ray Maines wrote:

bruceofOz wrote:

Without doubt, a Fujifil S9500. Never taken as many keepers or had such a versatile camera. Pity about the sensor size. Pity about the crappy EVF.

So true. I had a S9100 (I think) and loved it, but crappy EVF for sure.

My first digital was a Konica KD-500W - still in working order after tens of thousands of shots, missing a pixel here and there, though. Next came the flawed, but excellent indoors with flash, Olympus C-8080. Excellent optics, as with the Olympus XZ-1, but totally crap with any kind of back-lighting - floods of purple made both viewfinder and display totally useless! Then came the Fujifilm S9500 ...

That was my first long zoom compact - never ever really liked it, although it had a pretty impressive zoom, not least with my Raynox 2200 2.2X adapter on it!

Today I get far better shots, at longer distances, with a camera with a marginally bigger sensor, the Nikon V1. Just like my first DSLR (Pentax K-x) was a revolution for me, after all those compact super-zooms I had before, the V1 has made reaching far out so much easier, and the entire V1 kit weighs about the same as the Fujifilm S9500 camera!

My little V1, with the AF-S 70-300 VR, and a Kenko 1.4X.

Since buying the V1 I have also bought a D3200 - which I mostly use for B&W, and a D600. Neither of those has grown on me like the V1, no matter that their sensors are far bigger ;-)! But with time, maybe?!

Oh, I forgot the NEX-5N! This is my mostly used camera, after the V1, and only use it with the Zeiss 24, and the Sigma 19, both superbly sharp!

-- hide signature --

tord (at) mindless (dot) com

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Pentax K-x Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow