Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jerrycambuk
Regular MemberPosts: 351
Like?
Sluggish X100 in cold weather?
Jan 21, 2013

I spent an hour or so yesterday afternoon shooting my X100 in the snow and ice. Temperature was around 0, but it was snowing hard. Now I know the X100 is not weatherproof, so I tried my best to keep it warm and as dry as possible, but it did begin to respond very sluggishly. On start up, I was getting periods of complete inactivity from the camera with black viewfinder and black screen. The problem then seemed to clear itself and the camera worked perfectly. Images out of it, were as always, great, and I am really happy with them. The question relates more to the ability of the X100 to work normally in cold weather - I really didn't think 0 degrees would be a show stopper, but perhaps it is?

I still had three bars on the battery btw, and a charged spare ready to go. This was a repetitive issue for the hour or so we were in the snow. Thankfully we don't get so much of the white stuff in Cambridge, but it does concern me if the X100 can't take a winters day! Any other experiences, or tips to avoid this (other than staying indoors!)

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow