Should I just switch to jpg on my RX100?

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
2eyesee
Senior MemberPosts: 1,250
Like?
Should I just switch to jpg on my RX100?
Jan 21, 2013

In the last few years since having cameras that support RAW I have tended to photograph in RAW + JPG. RAW allows me the opportunity to get the most out of an image I possibly can post-processing, and the JPG is always there for convenience.

With the RX100 though, there are a lot of very useful features that are not available in RAW. For example, Multi-Frame Noise Reduction, Panoramas of course, and today I was looking at Clear Image Zoom, which seems to be a lot more useful that I initially gave it credit for.

So I'm wondering if I should just give up on my RAW habit and just enjoy all the features the RX100 offers by just shooting JPG.

My question is, with reference in particular to RX100 JPG's, is there anything I'd be missing out on by not using RAW?

I know at least my hard drive will thank me switching to JPG only - the RX100 RAW files are 20MB in size!

Thanks for any advice.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
nopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow