How to get rid off custom cropping presets in Lightroom ?

Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
richardplondon
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,268Gear list
Like?
Oops - sorry
In reply to richardplondon, Jan 21, 2013

And while we're at it, anybody knows how to give them names and not just the ratio numbers?

You could make develop presets applying these various crop aspect ratios (only).

Correction - I didn't mean to cause any confusion. Unfortunately you can't include aspect ratio (or crop) in a Develop preset (I don't know why not). Nor, I think, in a processing default.

I did suggest that as a feature request on the Adobe forum - somehow that has since made it seem like a real thing to me! My apologies.

About all you can do, other than work manually from the present history-list of previously entered proportions and named items, is to keep a template image and Sync (or copy-paste) that onto other images. This method might help if (for example) your viewfinder shows less than the full frame, and you wanted to replicate with a non-destructive crop the view you ACTUALLY SAW. In this case aspect ratio is not the issue - you would want a specific crop that was suitably smaller than both the width and the height of the full as-shot frame.

If these things were possible in a develop preset there'd be no difficulty selecting that during import. I have since for other reasons bought a camera with a 100% viewfinder so this particular issue has gone away for me.

RP (blush)

richardplondon's gear list:richardplondon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow