Hong Kong Help

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mark Chan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,706
Like?
Re: Hong Kong Help
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Jan 21, 2013

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

Many tips here, and how about DigitalRev ?

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
God always take the simplest way.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

In TST and TOO expensive.

In a place like Hong Kong, the land rent is like a needle that SUCKS out all the money from shops.  So you can be assured that you'll pay higher prices at shops in the busier commercial districts.

To counteract this, you either go to Wan Chai or Mong Kok which are at the fringes of the costlier commercial districts and you try and find the smaller shops.

Of course, if you are finding a lower costing item and the difference is thus rather slim (e.g. 5 - 10% cost difference is aroun 100 HKD), then you're better off going to any electronics store these days.

If you are looking to buy an OMD for example, in cash and not credit card, then you can goto to Wan Chain and Mong Kok and find those smaller shops that give a good price.

The difference in a shop like Fortress (your normal large electronics retail store) and e.g. DC Power like I mentioned, can be HKD 300 for an OLY 45mm f1.8.

I would suggest prospective buyers to check the following website:

www.price.com.hk

Just type the brand name into the search box and scroll through the pages to see the approximate lower pricing you'll find in the shops I am mentioning.

And don't worry, the webpage won't jump on you even if you can't read a single chinese character (I can't either lol).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow