Replacement for D300??

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
jfriend00
Forum ProPosts: 11,131
Like?
Re: err, are you going to tell us what 'this one' is? [nt]
In reply to jkjond, Jan 21, 2013

jkjond wrote:

Maybe nikon is wary of the big change and a D400 will never happen for that reason? Ebay is going to be totally stuffed with some very fancy DSLRs and lenses when the big change happens, which I'm sure it will.

If Nikon is smart, they will produce an APS-C mirrorless body that is compatible with all existing FX and DX lenses and I'm confident that they will do this at some point.  DX sensors simply deliver better performance than the CX sensor in the Nikon 1 line.  I, for one, think the DX lenses will have a long life, even when mirrorless becomes more prevalent.

I'm personally probably going to buy a mirrorless camera for lightweight backpacking and would likely buy a Nikon if they had a good APS-C sensor offering, but they are behind the times there.  It will come though.  I wouldn't be surprised if the D3200 is the last D3xxx camera with a mirror. It really doesn't offer any features that couldn't be done with mirrorless.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow