Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OutOfFocus student
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
VR on 24-85mm causes blur? ( on D600)
Jan 21, 2013

I'm using my new D600 with the 24-85mm VR kit lens.

When VR is on and shutters are in the 1/100-1/300 area I occasionally get quite a bit of double-image blur even on stationary objects (but more often when also tracking a subject). The picture is often completely unusable. I've not been able to pinpoint the exact circumstances that would trigger this problem but I'm quite sure that it's real (I've previously used many stabilized lenses on Canon and Sony NEX and have not see anything like that). Also the issue disappears with VR off or with my 28mm prime.

Are you experiencing similar issues? I can still have my camera replaced if this is an anomaly.

The only report of a similar issue that I found online is from slrgear.com (http://slrgear.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/1526/cat/13) but it's unclear how significant it is in their case.

Thanks!

OutOfFocus student's gear list:OutOfFocus student's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon D600 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +5 more
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow