A-99 and understanding the auto focus ?

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Trevor_S
Regular MemberPosts: 211Gear list
Like?
Re: adding focus magnification into the mix
In reply to William Porter, Jan 21, 2013

Anyway, interesting to play with the options.

I tried Wills method today with one minor caveat, I left it as AF on using the rear button, then focused  it beeps when in focus,keep my finger mashed and fine tuned it with the manual focus ring on the CSZ 85 1.4  I really liked it with peaking allowing me to tune the focus back and forth, especially as I was mostly at 1.4 and the DOF was small.  This was doing portrait work.

Earlier in the day I had put my used Sony 70-200 2.8 & 1.4x TC on and tried doing some birding off my veranda.  I put it in AFC but I am not doing something in-correct ? The AF point moves all over the place, and a large grey and green box keep appearing and jump all over the place as I move the camera around to follow the little birds.  I want to keep the focus point in one place and AF-C going so I can just click when the bird turns to me.  We live on a rural block so the only birding I do is on my front veranda.  Thoughts ?

Trevor_S's gear list:Trevor_S's gear list
Nikon D300 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow