DP2 Merrill VF/remote

Started Sep 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
nandadevieast
Regular MemberPosts: 400Gear list
Like?
Re: DP2 Merrill VF/remote
In reply to Lin Evans, Jan 21, 2013

I am sure. Which one are you considering...there're quite a few options.

There's also a new 3" one.

At one place on there website, they show what's inside the box...couldn't understand it actually...is it not a 1 piece product and one has to assemble it?

Also it will be nice to hear from someone who is using one of these...

Lin Evans wrote:

nandadevieast wrote:

Its pretty bulky, yes...will make it too big, kind of defeats the purpose.

I like the other one...VF3...but no Sigma DP2M support??

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

Lin Evans wrote:

If you will be primarily working off a tripod, then the Carry Speed VF-3 may be the best solution. See it here:

Link To Carry Speed VF-3

If you need it for a hand-held solution, perhaps the Photosolve Xtend-a-View or the Sigma optical viewfinder may be a better solution.

Xtend-a-View Pro Link

That VF-3 looks pretty cool, even for off-tripod use. Pretty bulky but if you really want a stable shot against your head that might be the way to go.

There is no reason why it wouldn't work with the DPM cameras. It's a universal type with full adjustments up/down and sideways. I use the Xtend-a-View but I'm considering getting the VF-3 specifically for the DP2M. The cameras they mention in terms of compatibility are just references - the way it attaches to the tripod mount and to the camera will work with any camera and there is sufficient lateral adjustment to work with about any digicam or dSLR.

Lin

-- hide signature --

learntomakeslidshows.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow