ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
horse44
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Nikon D90
Jan 21, 2013

Morning All,

This is my first post on DP review. So apologies if I break any 'rules' or etiquette.

I have wanted a nice DSLR camera for ages, and to take up photography up as a bit more serious of a hobby. Am interested in landscape/architecture, street and general photos of family. The feeling of a good quailty camera is more important to me than the latest and greatest... but always want 'new' i.e. I don't like buying second hand. I started looking at the new mirroless but they just feel too small in my hands.

I recently came across the Nikon D90 and whilst I really like the look of the D7000 (weatherproof sounds really useful for me) ... it costs $700 more (where I am from) and looks a bit intimidating...l whereas the D90 looked and felt just right. Ive had a look at some pictures people have posted with it and if I take pictures half as good as what Ive seen... id be a very happy man.

Two things I am a little concerned about, on one of the posts (http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3358424#forum-post-50551442) it mentions an issue with the new cameras of 'back focus problems'... I'm not even sure what this is, but is sounds bad (Ive got a bad back... lord knows what it would do to a poor DSLR :-). Can anyone tell me how serious an issue this is?

The second concern is, given its a disocontined model... if I bought is new and had an issue would there still be support for it?

All feedback appreciated ...including feedback on how much you like the camera or not... Thanks in advance.

Nikon D7000 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow