Replacement for D300??

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
jfriend00
Forum ProPosts: 11,131
Like?
Re: If I cared about portability...
In reply to Mr Gadget, Jan 21, 2013

Mr Gadget wrote:

Thank you Deed for the user perspective. I am in much the same boat that you were in only I have a much older D2x. I am retired and on a limited income these days and don't have the money to just throw at getting better ISO performance.

It appears that Nikon wants all of us that have invested in Pro level APS-C to walk away and move on to either the D600, D800 or D4. If it were just the body at 2600 - 3000 USD I could think about it, but when you add in yet another 3800-4000 for FX f2.8 glass it just goes over the top of my budget.

About 18 months ago I bought a X100 to help with my low light needs, and even though it is a non interchangeable lens camera, I find I am using for just about everything I do these days. It looks like Fujifilm is doing their level best to listen to their customers and to improve their products, unlike some other brands that seem to try to ignore their customers even when there are problems with their products.

Long story short, I will have enough money set aside by the end of June to either by an X-E1 18-55, 55-200 and the 14mm prime OR a D400 - whatever. I have been shooting Nikon cameras since the early 70's and would prefer to remain with Nikon, but I have to say they have put me off of late.

I think there are many other customers thinking the same thing.  If Nikon doesn't assert some leadership at the upper part of the DX market, folks are going to leave to other brands and other types of cameras.  Nikon has won us for the last N years, but they are in danger of losing us.  We have reasons to not be interested in FX (some for $ of lenses, some for reach, etc...) and Nikon's blowing it by offering us nothing.  If they keep going this way, then they're just telling us to go somewhere else.  Usually, it's easier to keep an existing customer than gain a new one, but Nikon doesn't appear to care about that.

Nikon, the time is running out if you want us to stay customers.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow