Started Jan 21, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
oscaryu1
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Sony a57 autofocus stopped working?!
Jan 21, 2013

Hi all, I was using my a57 today and swapped to another lens when I realized that autofocus had suddenly stopped working.. it would just "twitch" the autofocus ring on the lens I had on it at the time (a cheap plastic Minolta lens). I switched back to the kit lens, and noticed two things:

1) When using the kit lens set in AF and the camera body in MF, the autofocus motor still seems to be "attached" to the lens, as in I can still feel the drag from the motor as I manually turn the focus ring. I don't recall this being the case before.. but I could be wrong. Is this normal?

2) The a57 doesn't seem to recognize the kit lens! There is no f- number whenever I put the kit pens on, it remains dashed (f--). It does however, recognize the Minolta aftermarket lens.. but once more, neither autofocuses when pressing down lightly on the shutter release button..

Am I missing something? Or is my DSLR broken?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow