Merrill sensored cameras ARE 30MP luminance equivalents to 30MP cameras!

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,149Gear list
Like?
Missing the point
In reply to Roland Karlsson, Jan 21, 2013

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

Both of them "zoom to fill the screen is at 35%"

So why would Nikon bother to sell both models of the camera given they both do the same thing with the output? Might as well sell just one. They both "zoom" the same.

All this talk about % fillness is beyond me really.

Why not ask him about it then?  I'm not the one saying that matters.  Why are you responding to my post?

But I think I understand why Nikon sells both a D800 and D800E.

In the original post the claim was that one camera was better/had more detail than the other because of the "fillness" being better.

Well on the D800e and the D800 that "% fillness" is identical.  So according to his assumptions (not mine) there should be no reason to have two different cameras, because obviously (according to his assumptions, not mine) the output is identical.

Again, take up your beef with the source of the assumptions, not the person pointing out where those assumptions must lead.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow