Denis of Whidbey Island
Contributing MemberPosts: 726Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 Belt Case Roundup
In reply to 2eyesee, Jan 21, 2013

2eyesee wrote:

2eyesee wrote:

Denis of Whidbey Island wrote:

Here's what my Nat Geo case looks like. The Droid is pulled up slightly from the normal position. Since the phone is longer than the RX100, the camera pocket has an inch of spare space: room for a couple of batteries wrapped in a lens cloth. The case is less graceful than some others, but as stated earlier, my priority was one case for camera and smart phone.

Thanks, Denis - something I hadn't considered, a case for both phone and camera. I have a Nexus 4, which is about 6mm longer and 2mm wider than your Droid, but I also have it in a gel case so that probably adds another 3-4mm to these numbers. I see you have room for a pen too so presumably I would have enough width, but so you have another 10mm or so for length on the phone? Thanks.

Actually just looking again at your photo with the cover closed it doesn't look as if there is much clearance for a longer phone - I can just see the edge of the phone on the left. If you think it is possible however I'd be grateful if you could post a photo from the side with the flap closed and the phone fully seated to show how much clearance there is.

Thanks.

Longer phone would work due to velcro closure.

Droid Bionic all the way in.

Droid Bionic and stylus, with still a little extra width. Note QC issue: offset velcro patch.

The good news is that the Nat Geo holds camera, phone, stylus, with a little extra room. The bad news is bulky velcro belt loop (see side shot), and oversized strap hardware. When the weather is bad, it's kinda bulky under a coat but OK under a puffy jacket. It may not be my last answer to this need, but it's working and enables me to conveniently carry the camera at all times.

Denis

-- hide signature --

I have made this letter a rather long one, only because I didn't have the leisure to make it shorter. Blaise Pascal, 1623-1662

Denis of Whidbey Island's gear list:Denis of Whidbey Island's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Sony a5000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow