Question about Nikon warranty transfer between owners

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
losangeles
Contributing MemberPosts: 655Gear list
Like?
Re: Question about Nikon warranty transfer between owners
In reply to ron_9, Jan 21, 2013

ron_9 wrote:

Though I have no love lost for Nikon"s service, in fact I consider it to be very poor and with no bedside matters at all. I do think maybe we have lost sight of some ethics here......... You purchased the lens, you didn't buy it as a gift, and you are trying to sell---there is no warranty and you are trying to pull one over to sell it to a person who doesn't know about the warranties. Shame on them(Nikon), never ever shame on me---just a thought---ron s.

-- hide signature --

Keeping it sane in an insane world is an inconvenience at an inconvenient time!!
www.pbase.com/ron9ron

Huh? What are you talking about? I'm not trying to "pull one over". Not sure what makes you think that. I"m simply trying to sell my D600 kit for a fantastic price instead of returning it to Amazon and want to make sure the warranty transfers officially, legally, fully, to the new owner.

It doesn't make sense that the warranty would be in the name of somebody who never used the camera.

The gift example is to illustrate the silliness of such a policy: would you want the warranty to be in your name if you gave the camera as a gift to someone? No, you wouldn't.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow