Replacement for D300??

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 1,960Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X-E1 16 Mpx, NO anti alias filter ... 18-55/2.8-4.0 OIS
In reply to tomdavis, Jan 21, 2013

tomdavis wrote:

I got tired of waiting for a D400 (or whatever they were going to call it) and right before Christmas I sold all my Nikon equipment and got the XE1. No regrets! It is lighter, smaller, has great dynamic range and wonderful color rendition. Takes a little getting used to with the EVF but once you do it is actually somewhat better for many things. Fast action shooting would need to be done in manual so for the sport or auction shooter this would be a limitation. For me though, travel and stills are mostly my interest Ad this suits me and then some.

Nikon was just getting too difficult to deal with. Their lack of clear direction regarding APS vs full frame was frustrating not to mention their lack of lens support. I got into photography for the fun of it and the XE1 has, for me, brought that back. I really think it is just going to get better and better from here. Hopefully Adobe will work out the raw support soon but in the mean time there are acceptable alternatives and the jpeg's are pretty darn good.

ADOBE has RAW support for the X-E1 ... and so does the IMO superior Capture One Pro 7.0.2 ...

I think I was sitting in the same boat, it is actually quite astonishing to see who uses those X-Trans sensor cameras, former 5D, 5DII, D300, etc ... and I guess you are right regarding having the fun back! I very much like this somewhat purist approach, use aperture priority with comensation like in the 80s and manual. Both work just fine ...

Cheers

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow