KEVZPHOTOS
Forum ProPosts: 17,790
Like?
Re: Dump the Monarchy
In reply to lanef, Jan 21, 2013

lanef wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

lanef wrote:

Well my research points to Paris but some sites say London, but nevertheless Queen or no Queen as head of state, people would still visit the UK, I visited London not because of the Queen and I am sure many visitors who go there would share that same feeling. Look you are a monarchist I am a republican, so we think differently regarding monarchs.

Do YOU really think that the UK would get anywhere near the tourist numbers they do each year...IF they didn't have all that historical heritage, pomp & ceremony, etc...of which the Royal Family is an integral part down through the ages.

That's not what I am saying, what I am saying is: Even if the Queen was not the head of state, the historical heritage will still be there and people would still visit. Regarding ceremony, I don't think all of the visitors get to see any ceremony at all each time they visit the UK.

I worked in international tourism research for 15 years...and destination brand (and it's associated target-market psychology) which drives it....is extremely important.

When I say pomp & ceremony, I don't mean that in a literal way...(ie: every tourist gets to actually see it first hand)...I mean in a BRAND package manner.

The Royals are all part of that BRAND Package Mix...that gives Britain it's unique cultural ambiance appeal, and all the rest of it.

KEV

"No problem can be solved at the level of consciousness which created it" - Albert Einstein

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow