World's happiest and most prosperous countries.

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 45,417Gear list
Like?
Re: World's happiest and most prosperous countries.
In reply to Bill Randall, Jan 21, 2013

Bill Randall wrote:

Chato wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

It is my opinion our jails are packed because we no longer stress individual responsibility. Many of the men and women, boys and girls in our prison system owe this situation to their parents and our society.

If the best society could offer me was a minimum wage job and Food Stamps, I'd be out robbing banks in the morning. Why Americans don't riot in the street is beyond me. In any other country, there would be hell to pay.

Dave

Certainly that is a poor situation.

But let us not forget that taxpayers pay for all children to go to school. In many cases this is not taken advantage of by the children and the parents. People have the right to refuse an education, and they must suffer the consequences.

For many children in America, School is a jail preparing them either for a life of crime, or a life of being a porter, or flipping burgers. You can post all the stories you want to about poor kids making it big - But they are always the exceptions.

Now perhaps if those jobs I mention above, actually paid enough to live on, these kids would believe that life has a future. Perhaps if they saw their parents actually "bring home the bacon," instead of begging for it, they might believe in a future. Perhaps ​ if there was some sort of dignity to work, ​ they might believe they had a future. We certainly ARE giving kids an education - But it's not what you and I define it.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow