NEC monitors

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zee Char
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,231
Like?
Re: An update
In reply to ronzie, Jan 21, 2013

Yes I know you need to wait 1/2 hr before calibrating. The iMac goes to sleep but the NEC runs with a screen saver because I also run a PC on it. When the Mac sleeps the PC does the screen saver.

As I said when I woke up the MAC thing morning it looked great. Let it go to sleep and woke it up again a few hrs later it had that blue tint.

I spent about an hour with Apple support. I found out that the profiles I deleted are actually not there. Made sense as I could not open them but wanted to be sure some old profile was not being picked up. We basically deleted a bunch of playlists. Things are looking much better now although I still think the monitor is getting a little old. It cannot hit 300 cd/m2 any longer, only about 226.

I think getting better results had a lot to do with the Spectraview II. I'm pretty impressed with it. Easy to use, great tests and reports. Doing better than Spyder did but then again I did not preset the monitor. I prefer Spectaview to do it all.

Ones dotted red are ones actually deleted but still show up as ones I previously opened. Now I know they are not being picked up.

I have until the morning to decide. I have gone into my account at B&H 3 times today and almost cancelled the order because now I'm wondering if it is worth it. My current one is pretty old and I have a little extra cash coming in. I know I will be able to get the new one right so that is not a concern any longer. I'll see in the morning.

Thanks for the help.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow