World's happiest and most prosperous countries.

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bill Randall
Forum ProPosts: 15,051Gear list
Like?
Re: World's happiest and most prosperous countries.
In reply to Wheatfield, Jan 21, 2013

Wheatfield wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

In a free country, people that do not want to work do not have to work. If they do not want an education they do not have to have one. If single women want to have many children they can. How does the government handle this situation?

They collect welfare, and they live somewhat in squalor. And yes, it's paid for out of the tax base. So is our health care, and we pay a lot less for it than you do with your profit generating health care system. We have a bit of money left over for welfare. We also don't warehouse anywhere near the same % of our population in jails, this costs us less, we seem to have less graft, and I'm willing to believe that our stupidly rich people are, perhaps, not as rich as your stupidly rich people.

It is my opinion our jails are packed because we no longer stress individual responsibility. Many of the men and women, boys and girls in our prison system owe this situation to their parents and our society.

To a great extent, I think we are more of a meritocracy than the USA. We have equalized a few things so that more people have the advantages required to do well in life, allowing more to get ahead on their merits, rather than their daddy's wallet.

All that is a good thing. We had an education system for all to attend. It was suppose to give everyone a solid base of knowledge. Well I live in Georgia and our school are rated last in the nation. They can't even get the boys to wear their pants above their butts instead of below. People think I am kidding but I am not. Our schools have lost control. School Boards are in the news a lot, and it is not favorable news.

Bill Randall's gear list:Bill Randall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Nikon D200 Nikon D5200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow