Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marcamera
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,593
Like?
Where is the schedule
In reply to KEVZPHOTOS, Jan 21, 2013

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

lanef wrote:

Well my research points to Paris but some sites say London, but nevertheless Queen or no Queen as head of state, people would still visit the UK, I visited London not because of the Queen and I am sure many visitors who go there would share that same feeling. Look you are a monarchist I am a republican, so we think differently regarding monarchs.

Do YOU really think that the UK would get anywhere near the tourist numbers they do each year...IF they didn't have all that historical heritage, pomp & ceremony, etc...of which the Royal Family is an integral part down through the ages.

OK, the british PUBS are also a big attraction....but overseas visitors are NOT going there for the sunshine, hot weather, great beaches, Coronation Street, baked beans, and terrific "local" cuisine

No, they flock there because of the historical ambience, traditional charm, heritage, and world famous (recognizable) sights and institutions, etc.

Of which, the British Royal Family and aristocracy elite, etc., have played a major role down the centuries.

Get over it..

KEV

-- hide signature --

"No problem can be solved at the level of consciousness which created it" - Albert Einstein

Where is her bloody schedule, KEV?

Or, you're just blowing wind?

Rgds

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow