D600 vs D300s exposure difference.

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Questions thread
MTT
MTT
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,953
Like?
Everything was the same,
In reply to olyflyer, Jan 21, 2013

Except WB on my D300s. I over looked that, thought it was on auto. But should not make a difference since I shot RAW and was changed in NX2. Lighting should be good enough, it was even and consistent. Two incandescent bulbs was use [same bulbs I use to light the room everyday] with a diffuser covering the bulbs. Same lens was used on both cameras and all other settings were the same. But even if what you say is true, then that don't explain why one D600 image was lighter then other using the same settings.

olyflyer wrote:

MTT wrote:

This time I used my 75-300 Nikon lens. The D600 image is still brighter, but only the first shot. The next three wasn't as bright. Pretty close to my D300s. Another thing is different, the colors don't match between the two. Don't surprised me, the colors are different between my D70, D300 and D300s. Makes you appreciate the old film days.

Try next time with the same settings and better light. You can't really test exposure unless you have the light and the WB under control. Testing exposure at such poor conditions is not really interesting, especially since you had manual WB on the D300s and Auto WB on the D600. Maybe you have also used different picture control and some other parameters...?

You should also use equivalent lens and equivalent aperture for such tests.

-- hide signature --

http://mtt.smugmug.com/photos/245519815-O.gif This is me Post Processing. If only I can get it right the first time! Full time auto tech, part time photographer. Mark Thompson/MTT Louisville, KY. USA Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'.. but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'? Where's that extra penny going to?http://markthompsonphotos.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow