Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,145Gear list
Like?
K5 IIs Photo: Caddo Lake, Texas Cypress Trees & Spanish Moss
Jan 21, 2013

This was the first weekend I have been able to get out and shoot with the K5 IIs. I am quite pleased with the results. Here is the first of several.

This was taken on a small two lane road near Caddo Lake in Uncertain, Texas. Yes, that's a real name. This area is in the Piney Woods of East Texas on the border of Texas and Louisiana. In fact, most of the lake is in Louisiana.

It is haunting in its beauty and the quiet at twilight and night is amazing. Any sound, whether by night-bird or human seems to echo forever across the lake and through the bayous. Yes, the nearby town is actually named Uncertain, Texas. I have more photos but this is the only one I have actually worked on. Will post more when I get the chance.

Here's a link to information for the park and the town.
Caddo Lake State Park — Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
CityOfUncertain.Com - Texas best kept secret...

K5 IIs with the DA* 50-135mm ISO 400 1/60s f/4.5

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Pentax K-5 IIs
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow