World's happiest and most prosperous countries.

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 42,853Gear list
Like?
Re: In the US
In reply to RossAndrew, Jan 21, 2013

RossAndrew wrote:

Chato wrote:

RossAndrew wrote:

shutterblaster wrote:

How would these two even each other out? they are both taking advantage of the same people. The payers

True. We have a tax department that are like terriers and prosecution's are relentless with full payment with interest in full, from the largest company to the average brick layer/carpenter. This is also carried out at the other end of the spectrum by social security.

Andy.

PS" Yes we probably loose some $ but a small price to pay for our social harmony.

For every penny, we "give" the poor, we give a Hundred bucks to the rich. So for example, most people think of TARP as a 700 Billion giveaway to the rich. But actually Tarp cost us Trillions - Because we bought all the junk Bonds at face value, and since they have a paper value, that money was not counted as part of Tarp.

Of course, who knows? Maybe the Fed and the Treasurey are planning on going into the wall paper business?

So it's going to be veeeeery difficult to "even it out."

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Still make great wall paper.

Oh, I agree, They may not back up their Bonds, but they sure spend good money on printing them.

When the crunch came, our government gave everyone that earned less than 100,000 a year $750 and said go out and spend it, plus a couple of billion into school buildings. The money went straight into the economy kept jobs and small company's going and is still doing it.

Andy

PS: we don't have boilers, but I am sure that a boiler repair man will find a job here.

Sure you have boilers. They're just not used to make residential heat. They run factories. I once worked for a company that sent me to Brazil to set up an industrial system.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow