Who's waiting for the 6d price to drop?

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
macky patalinghug
Senior MemberPosts: 1,113Gear list
Like?
Re: Who's waiting for the 6d price to drop?
In reply to Sunpilot, Jan 21, 2013

Sunpilot wrote:

Maybe I'm cheap, but I'm ready to move to a ff digital, and I want a 6d, and I am waiting for the price to drop, or at least for a nice bundle package, like Nikon did with the D600 last month. Am I the only one sitting on the fence? I hate to go over to the Nikon side of the aisle, but given fairly comparable cameras, one is left with the question of price.

Any thoughts?

-- hide signature --

You're never lost, because no matter where you go...there you are

In my place in southeast Asia the D600 and the 6D have identical prices. Sometimes in some areas the D600 is priced more. So far the 6D never got more expensive than the D600 here.

So with price factor gone it was only the specs of the D600 that was tempting. After a long hard look -AF points, more MP, better DR, faster fps, I figured it was only the pop-up flash that got me envious for this means I'll have bring with me the 270 EX.

So far though the 270 EX either stayed at home or in the bag as the low light/high ISO performance of the 6D was just fantastic.

I just used crappy looking manual lenses and no flash for these photos.

As for the time one should spend sitting on the fence, I'd say 6 months to a year after the camera's release. Any longer, you'd be missing on the fun.

-- hide signature --

slowshotmax

macky patalinghug's gear list:macky patalinghug's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow