Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
JoeFreakJoe
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Re: Kodak DX4330 recharging deck issue
In reply to chiue, Jan 21, 2013

chiue wrote:

JoeFreakJoe wrote:

Getting a battery charger is a good idea. I don't know why I didn't think of that. The rechargeable batteries have been changed two times so far. I have the third set with little use on them and very low in charge.

Come to think of it I remember sometime back when I took out the partition plastic between the two batteries a very small piece of plastic with a tiny tiny piece of electronic board came out with it and I didnt know where that had come from. It was probably part of the recharging circuit. So it must be the camera not the deck.

That partition plastic between the two batteries is use to depress a switch inside the battery compartment to allow the dock to charge the battery. If you just put two rechargeble batteries in, the dock will not charge it. I'm not sure about that tiny piece of electronic board that came out with it. I've replaced the Kodak batteries with 2 eneloop. You can see the switch inside the battery compartment of the DX6440.

A micro switch inside the battery compartment in the middle.

The plastic partition will depress the switch and allow the dock to charge the battery.

Eneloop KAA2HR

-- hide signature --

chiue -
Nikon D5000 / Kodak Z990 P880 DX7590 Z915 DX6440 V803 M420 C190 C875 Zx3
Kodak Digital Cameras Galleries
http://www.wix.com/chiuestar/Kodak-DC
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/chiue/camera/cameras-a2.jpg

Thanks for the info Chiue. I saw your pictures before they were deleted. I have uploaded a picture from inside battery compartment of my

camera (using wife's 14 mpx Kodak) which shows clearly what's missing compared to yours. I have since also bought an external battery charger (from eBay) and that will take care of it. Now I have a charger deck on my hand that I may be able to sell on eBay Sorry for the cutouts on the pic. Didn't want my fingerprints be on internet with high resolution!

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow