Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
jimoyer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,675Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 19mm and 30mm, both lenses for $200 total
In reply to Daniel Lauring, Jan 21, 2013

Daniel Lauring wrote:

jimoyer wrote:

Other than the obvious that they are slightly faster, how much realistic increase in image quality (if any) would you gain with these two primes over either an Oly 14-42 IIR or a Panny 14-45? I'm just wondering if I realistically gain anything by buying two primes, even at this price, that I don't already have covered at least in focal length.

I thought I replied to this thread, but it must have been another one. I just returned both these lenses. I may have gotten unlucky, but both were really soft at F2.8...especially compared to the admittedly more expensive alternatives from Panasonic and Olympus. I had to stop them down to F3.5-4.5 to get acceptable performance. At that point they weren't much of an improvement over the kit lens...and a lot less convenient.

Thank you (and others) for the reply.  Ultimately, I ended up taking the money for this deal, and using it toward a 25mm 1.4.  The decision to invest in m4/3 is made, I may as well invest in the glass I want, not  glass that's good enough to get by with.  Thank you for the input and replies.

jimoyer's gear list:jimoyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D7100 Nikon D4s Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow