Re: few more of my rules.
In reply to Detail Man, Jan 21, 2013

Detail Man wrote:

mh2000 wrote:

Detail Man wrote:

mh2000 wrote:

Detail Man wrote:

mh2000 wrote:

Manage edge elements carefully. You want the flow of anyone's attention to stay within the frame of your image.

Some of my most powerful images seem to cause people to immediately look at their timepiece.

Hmmm... one of my most powerful images brought a grown man to tears...

Pehaps he was crying because he had just realized that he somehow had lost his Rolex watch ?

Nope, he was a poet!

I was merely jesting about people "immediately looking at their timepieces.". That one's "polished gems" may move and inspire others is a good thing. After all, we can see with our own eyes just fine as it is - and photography is (for me) about sharing a sense of awe and wonder about the world around us with other conscious beings as much as it exists as a kind of record for our own senses to revisit that which cannot be repeated on a sensory level.

Speaking of "timepieces", it may be that the "photo discs" that I used to make for family, friends, neighbors, etc. chocked full of my little carefully polished "witnessings" could find some practical functionality as sundials ? One never quite knows or anticipates what may or will come to be ...

I mostly do things to help me see better and write stuff to go with them to help me think...

It is nice when someone responds and recognizes what I see... validating existence and all that stuff.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow