As promised here is my update regarding my D600 oil-spot issue.

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Higuma
Higuma MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,418
Like?
Just a reminder...
In reply to Edmund17, Jan 21, 2013

And being completely serious btw - - You would not believe how many people are so fixated on their sensors being clean these days that they completely neglect to check & clean their lenses properly...

DON'T forget to be just as anal about your lenses - back elements especially - as you might be about your sensors...

This should be part of everyones regular maintenance & cleaning regiment...

- brush them off with a nice soft bristle paint brush

- blow them off with a rocket blower

- wet clean front and back elements with proper solution and lens paper ( not microfibre when wet cleaning IMO ) and put them away in a lint free sock / sleeve before storage in bag or dry cabinet...

- when you take them out for use wipe them off with the sleeve before mounting - - I made sleeves out of free microfibre towels I was given over the years...

That's the way I do it anyways...

Of further note - I also purchased waterproof rear lens caps for all my lenses about 6 years ago... they have an o-ring seal, a VERY positive engagement and eliminate any dust / debris creep when stored that might later transfer to my cameras sensor chamber...

Lenses ARE one of the biggest contributors to the proliferation of dust on your sensor so you should take good care of them...

-- hide signature --

--
"Life's uncertain..... so always remember to Eat Dessert First"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow