Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
moony16
Regular MemberPosts: 347
Like?
Re: Goodbye ! Balance
In reply to Bajerunner, Jan 21, 2013

Bajerunner wrote:

The Thinker

In life one must have balance and understanding to get by. Bear in mind on an 'inaminate' web forum, people will sometimes act and behave unlike face to face.

That said, bear in mind this:

- sometimes people may invest upwards of USD 5,000 in gear and need to vent when something does not 'work' right. That is human nature.

- sometimes people generally need advice and although I am sometimes surprised at newish camera buffs having over USD 5,000 in equipement and asking not so technical questions, that is their right and privilege, they are enthusiastic enough to try and thats alright.

- sometimes, as in work everyday, one needs to bite ones tongue or walk away, that is life.

That said,

- there is plenty of helpful and friendly information on these forums if one is willing to read and assess.

- one must keep an open mind, as in life.

Futher, you mention' as expected'.

If one comes into something with specific pre-conceived notions, one if already biased to a certian result, even if subconsiously, ones actions will tend to 'generate said result'.

So, my suggestion is:

- dont be so judgemental

- keep an open mind and offer advice (I offer advice where I can but clearly state that I am an amateur) that people may sift and assess what is right for them.

In this way, one can contribute and not add to strife and disappointment.

We have a wonderful world even though at times it seems hard and it is not easy to get by. But one must try, or else what is the point of it all?

Take Care.

-- hide signature --

.....Just from an amateur......''Sometimes it's to your advantage for people to think you're crazy.” I am only a hoobyist, I cannot and do not give expert advice, dont expect it, just take it as a suggestion to think about, but only if you wish to.

A compassionate, level-headed, & rational post from which the OP can prosper.  So nice to see this.

JT

-- hide signature --

Who looks outside,
dreams; who looks
inside, awakens
Carl Jung (1875-1961)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow