Marcamera
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,591
Like?
Re: Dump the Monarchy
In reply to lanef, Jan 21, 2013

lanef wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Ubilam wrote:

Isn't it time we dump the monarchies? The British monarchy is the worst bunch of f-ups and louses around and yet they live in rich opulence and thumb their noses at their subjects and the world in general. Its like how stupid is the general public to allow these farces to continue?

The British Royal Family and all it's related trimmings earn the UK $billions in tourist dollars every single year.

It costs the UK tax-payer only $180 Million per annum to keep them. Seems like a pretty good investment to me.

Also, the Royals have a lot of ambassador style clout in the business world...and secure lots of trade & investment contracts from overseas firms for Britain....that just regular diplomats and biz contacts could not.

London is (by far) the worlds most visited city. Do you think this would be the case...IF England had no monarchy, no Buckingham Palace, no Tower of of London, no Windsor Castle, and all the rest of it?

Paris is the N0 1 and no monarch there, every country has something worth to see and visit Monarch or not, even if the Queen was not the head of state any more, tourist would still visit the UK as many other European cities and countries as they have a long and interesting historical past having been an Empire for long time.

Quite true, I was in London few times, not once for the reason of Monarchy.

I would have been there anyway.

And for Paris, I liked it way more than London, it is not even close.

Rgd

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow