Off brand flashes with your OM-D (Metz, Nissin, etc)

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
assaft
Contributing MemberPosts: 951Gear list
Like?
Re: The only problem with Nissin as a slave...
In reply to Michael J Davis, Jan 21, 2013

Michael J Davis wrote:

Guy Parsons wrote:

Corkcampbell wrote:

Works fine on my OM-D, but have had trouble getting it to sync wirelessly with my FL600R...I know it's possible because people here have said so and I actually got it to work once or twice.

If the Nissin has a slave mode that triggers off a single flash then the RC mode will trigger the flash as long as the power output is at 1/2 power or less due to manual or auto setting.

Used with remote wireless trigger (in manual mode), is that it has a time out of 2 minutes, and I haven't found a way of adjusting that.

I emailed Nissin support about the 2 minutes timeout and got this answer:

Nissin Di466FT will go to energy save mode after 2 minutes, and turn off at 30 minutes after the last time of flash. Some radio trigger can wake up the flash as it was mounted on camera. You may also contact to the radio trigger manufacturer for the detail about the wake up function on their products.

This trigger might do the trick.

assaft's gear list:assaft's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow