Forum ProPosts: 44,061Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't be more of a hypocrite than you have to be
In reply to 57even, Jan 20, 2013

57even wrote:

Chato wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

Chato wrote:

You keep bring up a failed argument. You can stop using any kind of transport, can't you? A lot of people died of choking every year (more than a thousand across America). You can stop eating to avoid that, can't you?

This is the bottom of the barrel in logic

The kind of gun death you are having does not happen to other developed countries. That's extra and unnecessary death.

By no means does the US have a monopoly in gun accidents. Apparently you are unaware that some other countries have almost as many guns as we do.

Dave

Please tell me, which developed country during times of peace has the same level of firearms related homicides and accidents as the US?

You attempting to change the subject? For your information my chances of being accidently killed by a motor vehicle are a hundred (two Hundred?) times the chance of me being accidently killed by a fireare.

The Russian Federation has over twice the homicide rate of the United States, and yet most firearms are banned. In fact, most of their homicides aren't even done with guns.

Oh, sorry, if you don't get murdered with a gun it doesn't count.

In Ukraine or Belarus the homicide rate is higher than the US. Same for Latvia and Estonia.

Luxembourg and Finland, have homicide rates about half of ours.

But the homicide rate for the US is half of what it was ten years ago, whereas the homicide rate in ​your country​ remains virtually the same.

Dave

You are the one to changing the subject to talk about homicide in general. You are lowering the US status to compare with some non-OECD, former Soviet Union countries. How humble of you!

I know, it's so unfair of me to actually reply to ​what you wrote.

You wrote, and I quote:

"You keep bring up a failed argument. You can stop using any kind of transport, can't you? A lot of people died of choking every year (more than a thousand across America). You can stop eating to avoid that, can't you?"

We had a total of only 260 victims of all kinds of homicides in 2010, 1.2 per 100,000. It is going to take you another 20 years to match that, if you are lucky.

Your homicide rate, it one quarter of ours. And it was one quarter of ours ten years ago. That means that if your population was the same as our, your numbers would be quite a bit higher.

But the rate would still be 1/4. If you remove gun homicides in the US, you would cut your own murder rate by 2/3. Why don't you?

40 percent of US homicides are done by means other than firearms. And your post simply assumes, that a would be killer would be helpless without firearms. Something that 40 percent figure contradicts.

Now the Swiss, who have almost an many guns as we do, ​and more assualt rifles then we do​, have a homicide rate half of yours.

So why is that not true of the US, eh Dave?

We don't have a "gun problem" in the US. We have a mental health problem. The Swiss take mental health seriously, and have ten times the number of mental hospital beds per capita as we do. It is so bad in the US, that until you actually attempt to kill someone (And even then, you may not be committed) it's impossible to commit someone to a mental hospital.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow