Got my fisheye yesterday!

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
clengman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,297Gear list
Like?
Re: Which particular Rokinon fisheye did you get?
In reply to Francis Carver, Jan 20, 2013

Francis Carver wrote:

Thank you so much for posting these pix, if I may ask you, which particular Rokinon fisheye optic did you get, the native M4/3 mount 7.5mm, or the 8mm version with a M4/3 lens mount adapter?

I noticed some of your shots were labeled "inverted," I could not see much difference between those and the non-inverted ones, so what does it mean when you say you had "inverted" these shots? Thanks again!

My pleasure glad you found them helpful. As Anders wrote, these are from the 7.5mm lens with native m4/3 mount. I see he also pointed to a quick explanation of the inverted vs not inverted business. I just wanted to point out though that I mislabeled the photos. Those taken with the camera in the regular orientation are labeled "inverted" and those taken with the camera upside down are not.

I'm not sure about any of the other versions of this and similar lenses made by Samyang for other mounts, but one really nice thing about the m4/3 version is the size. It has an integrated petal-type hood and with the hood and a lens cap fitted over the end of the hood, it's barely any larger than the collapsible oly kit zooms are when collapsed. It is also rather heavy and feels well-built with a metal mount.

clengman's gear list:clengman's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow