DP2M vs 5DII comparison pic

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tiger1
Regular MemberPosts: 306Gear list
Like?
Re: Let me guess:
In reply to Kendall Helmstetter Gelner, Jan 20, 2013

The 5DmkII centre focus point is usually extremely accurate. The same cannot be said of its outer points. I think the same thing can be said of Sigma SLRs. Not sure about the DPm series.

The one thing that srikes me about all the RAW files I have downloaded from the new 15x3 sensor is how limited the dynamic range is.  The SD14 I have has a great dynamic range - better than the 5DmkII, but the new sensor has gone backwards in this regard - even when shooting at ISO 200. So now the 5DmkII has better dynamic range than the Merrils. The sony sensors in the RX1/Sony Slrs/Nikon D600-800 series are streets ahead of the competition in this regard.

I hope Sigma can correct this and get back to SD14 levels of DR.

I dont care about super high ISO shooting. I want good DR, clean low ISO files and bitingly sharp images with no color shifts/blotches. If sigma could make such a camera I would support them by buying one!

Tiger1's gear list:Tiger1's gear list
Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Sigma SD14 Olympus E-M1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow