Have you or would you go from Pentax to Sigma?

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Twong
Regular MemberPosts: 432Gear list
Like?
Re: Have you or would you go from Pentax to Sigma?
In reply to CeeDee, Jan 20, 2013

I don't have either one but do have a Tamron 17-50. I doubt the difference in sharpness is that significant that you can see obviously. I have several fixed lenses in this range not because they are sharper but because of the larger aperture. So I recommend spending the money on fixed instead of a marginally better lens that also lacks WR.

CeeDee wrote:

I have the Pentax 16-50mm and are considering the Sigma 17-50mm instead for enhanced sharpness. Of course the weather sealing and manual override on the Pentax are very nice to have. Now I have gained sharpness and better low light focus going from K-5 to K-5 IIs, so maybe the need for lens sharpness is less important.

Have any of you made the switch and what are your impressions, also when it comes to rendering, contrast and bokeh are these two lenses close to be in the same shrank? I guess for size they are about the same, except for the enormous lens hood on the Pentax.

Best regards

/Christian

Twong's gear list:Twong's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow