Observation on EM-5 users

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
peppermonkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,503Gear list
Like?
Tons of Oly fanboys kicking around...
In reply to rrr_hhh, Jan 20, 2013

rrr_hhh wrote:

Even when they are confirmed photographers coming from other system and knowing their needs from past experience ?

But, it is the Oly fanboys who are really to blame. Their unnatural love affair with the EM5 creates the hype in the first place. You can see the tears in their eyes when they talk about it. Guys, it is just a camera, a toy. There are far better cameras out there if you want the best.

I don't see so many Olympus fanboys around. But what I see is some trustful Panasonic users who were accustomed to look at their GH cameras as the flagships MFT cameras and at the GF1/GX1 as the most reactive and best RF shaped MFT offering, and those Panasonic enthusiasts are getting a little disgruntled by the Olympus recent progress and success. For two years, everyone in the forum was swearing by the GH2 and GF1/GX1, while Olympus was more often criticized, at first for slow AF, then for featuring the same old Panasonic sensor. Now, since 6-8 months the E-M5 has taken the fisrt place and is still getting a lot of attention inspite of the issuing of the GH3 and G5. That seems difficult to swallow for some Panasonic users.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

...just like there are a ton of Panny fanboys.

If you haven't noticed one group or the other, that's only because 1) you haven't been around this forum since the beginning or 2) if your views are closer to that of a fanboy then you would tend to not notice those fanboys but really notice the other group of fanboys. Course some just don't notice or bother to notice which is ultimately probably more healthier for your sanity

There has always been both group of fanboys. There are probably more Oly fanboys now but that is simply because, well, there are probably more Oly users on this forum these days. If there were more Panny users, then there would probably be more Panny fanboys comparably.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about fanboys, not fans of brand x. Though the above probably holds true for just normal fans as well.

-- hide signature --

Hubert
My non-digital gear: Agfa Isolette, Fed 2, Konica Auto S2, K1000, Yashica Electro 35 GX, Recesky, Olympus 35 RD
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2034/2457111090_00eafbf8a4_m.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peppermonkey/

peppermonkey's gear list:peppermonkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Pentax K110D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow