X100 VIEWFINDER QUESTION.

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
El Chubasco
Regular MemberPosts: 321Gear list
Like?
Re: X100 VIEWFINDER QUESTION.
In reply to widick, Jan 20, 2013

widick wrote:

I JUST PURCHASED AN X100. I EXPECTED THE EVF IMAGE AND THE OVF IMAGE TO BE FAIRLY SIMILAR . HOWEVER, WHEN I USE THE EVF THE IMAGE IS NOTHING LIKE THE IMAGE USING THE OVF. AS AN EXAMPLE, BRIGHT WHITE CLOUDS AGAINST A BRIGHT BLUE SKY BECOME DULL GRAYISH CLOUDS AGAINST A DULL BLUE GRAY SKY. IS THIS A SETTING ISSUE OR A MALFUNCTION? I HAVE BEEN USING F4 WITH ISO 200 AND A CAMERA SET SPPED OF 1/500.

Your camera is OK. There is a noticeable difference between EVF and OVF, that is why many don't give up their DSLR cameras. The EVF is going to show a "preview" of the image that the camera will create, most of the time this image is very different to what you see through your eyes because the EVF is a tiny little screen with limited capabilities.  The hybrid viewfinder in the X100 is great but the EVF has its own limitations, nowadays  you can  find better options in the market.

As far as I know, people usually prefer the EVF for low light while the OVF is mostly used under regular light conditions.

El Chubasco's gear list:El Chubasco's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow