Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
geoson
Contributing MemberPosts: 714Gear list
Like?
Re: What is a Bridge-Cam?
In reply to Francis Carver, Jan 20, 2013

Francis Carver wrote:

geoson wrote:

I remember reading reviews of the s9000 (which I loved) saying that Fuji (and other makers) were asking the sensor to do too much. I had it for years before before I felt that it was limiting me, and then that was mainly for action shots. I think an XS-1 body could house a 24-300 with a 1" sensor. Or maybe a 24-120 with a 4/3 or APS-C sensor. Someone can correct me on the physics, but not everyone wants an SLR or interchangeable lens system.

Well, with a 4/3-inch sensor or an APS-C sensor and the type pf zoom optics you had mentioned, it would certainly no longer be considered a "bridge camera," and besides, it would cost thousands of dollars / €s.

Fujinon has plenty of impressive 2/3-inch form factor lenses for pro video camcorders priced north of $100,000, but that is another product category for truly deep-pocketed end users.

Thousands?  I don't recall the Sony R1 being in the thousands at its introduction.

geoson's gear list:geoson's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow