Like?
Re: passed on
In reply to Mako2011, Jan 20, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

genece wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

Here id a PDF that explains it far more accurately

AF explained.

I would only add in testing, I have found even AF-area mode 39pt acts more as a panning enhancement vs tracker across the frame like AF-Area mode 3D does.

Mako

That is one of the most informative articles I have ever read........and perhaps even explains why I never found dynamic area to be to my liking.........Perhaps since I understand how it works I can take advantage of its features.

I need to spend more time with the above article and then try to put the info into practice.

Thanks

Ed_arizona passed it on first. Very informative and does well to explain. Nikon should hire the original author. It applies to just about all the newest Nikon AF units.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

When I get this 7000 (OR 7100?) I will print out the PDF for sure, manuals do not explain it nearly as good

-- hide signature --

“ You’ve got to push yourself harder. You’ve got to start looking for pictures nobody else could take. You’ve got to take the tools you have and probe deeper." – William Albert Allard

Ed_arizona's gear list:Ed_arizona's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D5100 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow