Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MgrBuddha
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
Another Brick Wall - testing my new 5D3 and 24-70 II
Jan 20, 2013

A dream come true for me, I crashed my bank account and caved in to my cravings My new 5D3 and the gorgeous EF 24-70 f/2.8L have smelled fresh air for the first time today. I passed by a brick wall and thought I would do some test shots. I see now that i was a bit clumsy, not aligning the camera perfectly, so some of the shots are a bit off. Anyway, I have left them as they were shot to demonstrate how the lens preformed. I shot at f2.8 and f5.6 and had a go at 24, 35, 50 and 70 mm. I have also made copies where I have applied the lens profile in Lightroom and adjusted with regular sharpening.

I used the Print menu in Lightroom to make the jpg's with info caption, and that seems to have stripped away the EXIF data. And it also scaled down the pictures quite a bit. So, nothing scientific about it, just a quick test. And the results impress me. There is noticeable distortion at 24 and 70mm, a little bit of vignetting, but corner sharpness is fantastic IMO  

MgrBuddha's gear list:MgrBuddha's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +10 more
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow