Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 1,898Gear list
Like?
Re: 51pt pro AF, 8fps, plus pixel density of 12mp DX = d300
In reply to Kerry Pierce, Jan 20, 2013

Kerry Pierce wrote:

deednets wrote:

Well then don't! Autofocus is a no brainer in favour of the D300!! Per pixel sharpness is much higher though because of the lacking of an anti alias filter! The X-E1 does 6 FPS at 14-bit though ..

AF is one of the most important aspects of the d300, IMO. The X-E1 files might be nice, but I'd rather use my d3s for high ISO stuff. It gives me the AF, FPS and all the other stuff, plus the great high ISO files.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Sure! If you can afford it, need it or just want it, then that's fine with me! I have no intentions regarding winning people over to another system! Just thought that some here might find this interesting! I did 2 trips to Christchurch within the last 4 weeks and my camera bag (backpack) is considered borderline regarding size and weight. The usual stuff in it I guess, 70-200, macro, wide angle, flash, iPAD, charger, batteries, filters ... 7kg ... Make it 8 with the tripod ...

Will be doing the Tongariro crossing next month, a track next to the volcano that erupted last month and I though: Am I nuts?? The Fuji weighs 800g with lens ... plus tripod, make it 1.8 with the tripod. I am getting old you know ...

Cheers

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow