Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
guitarjeff
Contributing MemberPosts: 920
Like?
Trade my 5D2 setup for X-E1?
Jan 20, 2013

I almost traded my 5D2 body (very new) for an E-x1 with the 35 1.4.  I waited and couldn't make myself pull the trigger and he ended up selling the E-X1.  So, this does give me more time to think about it.  I bought this 5D2 cause I thought I would start taking portraits and making money on the side, like a lot of folks do i assume.  I end up not doing it, but just wanting every day photography as a hobby, and I mainly just do people portraits and just normal walk around photos, the park and such, and I rarely ever shoot action.  In fact, I bought this 5D2 about 5 months ago and have yet to take any action shots nor have I even switched it in to live view even once, taking only stills with it.

So now, as i realize I got in over my head buying a large FF dslr and flashes and such, I would rather have something smaller i can just carry in a small bag with minimal fuss.

Anyone else in this situation, or been through it?  I can't afford to have both, if I go with the fuji, I would have to sell or trade my 5D2 body for one.  I feel like the 5D2 is just way beyond my needs.  It is a massive pro camera, and I have a 70-200 f4 and it is huge and I just hate lugging that thing around for snap shots.

I have wireless triggers and flashes that can still be used manually with the Fuji, so I can still do my indoor portraits with my flashes and setup.    It would be smaller with the 18-55 kit lens for walk around.

So will I regret getting rid of my wonderful 5d2?  Once it's gone, it's gone and i would not be able to afford another one.

Just wondering how many others have faced this situation.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow