deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 2,361Gear list
Like?
Re: Replacement for D300??
In reply to ripnils, Jan 20, 2013

ripnils wrote:

Thanks for sharing!

Did you get an X-E1?

If so, could you please compare how ISO is compared to the D300?

Ie, when set to same ISO, do you get the same speed/aperture?

I try to evaluate how much the better the Fuji is compared to my D300 but since I don't know how they compare regarding indicated ISO vs real ISO it's a bit hard.

Yep, the X-E1 ...

High ISO is no comparison, have a look at the dogs hair, there is no smearing I can see, that is at 6400. In good light the D300 is fine up to 1600, but if there is too much shadow, it really shows.

The X-E1 merely warms up at 1600 so if this is of any importance to you, then the X-E1 might be for you. The camera has usable jpeg images possible at 25600, not brilliant but still full of detail, have a look at the dpreview sample images of the X-E1, there is a patchwork, full of details, stitching, embroidery etc. The shot taken at 25600 ...

I personally never cared too much for low ISO capability. What made me change was the fact, that after using the D800 I thought: Am I going all the way up, including all the new glass etc or down ... didn't want to go downwards regarding image quality so did some hunting for alternatives. The X-E1 has the same sensor format as the D300 so I knew what to expect re DOF and bokeh.

http://masters.galleries.dpreview.com.s3.amazonaws.com/2348599.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=14Y3MT0G2J4Y72K3ZXR2&Expires=1358706131&Signature=TDRVTzNUmOgQA%2fiB0zXlLKxpUJM%3d

I find the detail at any given ISO is simply amazing! Pixel peeping a joy, if that's your game?

Cheers

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow