Nikon 24-120mm f/4 vs. Tamron 28-75mm - My Quick test (on D600)

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bjorn_L
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,062Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon 24-120mm f/4 vs. Tamron 28-75mm - My Quick test (on D600)
In reply to ohcello, Jan 20, 2013

Thanks for the test, was interesting to look at.  My take on it was that I like images from the Tamron more if the shutter speed is high enough.  I use the screw drive and it is surprisingly fast focusing on my d700.  However despite being a fairly happy Tamron owner I would find the range of the Nikon 24-120 f/4 to be worth the very minor trade off in image quality.

The other factor which could be a plus for either lens (depending on how you plan to use it) would be build quality.  The Tamron, is very small, very light weight and very easy to take with you.  However it is also feels a little flimsy and has no weather sealing...  while the 24-120 f/4 is much larger, heavier but feels solid and has some weather sealing.

-- hide signature --

See my plan (in my profile) for what I shoot with. See my gallery for images I find amusing.

Bjorn_L's gear list:Bjorn_L's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow