Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
danielsonkin
Forum ProPosts: 11,358Gear list
Like?
Yesterday was an amazing day! ZS15 & LX5
Jan 20, 2013

Because I had a day off from taking Mindy to the ferry, I thought I would just end up hanging around the house, taking a walk with the pooch and tweaking some photos. But instead, it turned out to be a really wonderful photographic day. It started with a walk at the Las Gallinas Wildlife Ponds. Owned by the sanitary district, and right next to their filter plant, if you can get past the initial stink in the parking lot, it's a birder's paradise. Home for at least 90 species of birds, it's a great way to get exercise (3-4 miles of trails) and get your birding-fix in at the same time. Because I brought the pooch with me, it wasn't the most relaxing experience (a weird combination of pulling on the leash to check out the other animals and not wanting to walk any more - he's an old dog with arthritis), but I got some really good shots regardless. This was followed by a ferry ride into the city in the late afternoon to meet Mindy for a bite to eat and the reward was this amazing sunset. All of the birds were shot with the ZS, the evening shots on the ferry with the LX. I hope you like. C&C always welcomed.

Daniel

Mt. Tamalpais at sunset - Marin County, California

I guess I wasn't the only one on a date last night!  The Golden Gate Bridge at Sunset.

And then this morning, for some reason, this guy was hanging out on our back fence. I grabbed a shot with the ZS before he flew away. In the twenty-one years we have lived here, I have never seen a hawk so close to our house. They are definitely in the area; our local parks and the open space areas, but this was very unusual. At the risk of sounding a little stereotypically northern California-ish, it feels like it has some meaning.

The symbol of the hawk: Awareness, truth, insight, perspective, strength....

danielsonkin's gear list:danielsonkin's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 (Lumix DMC-TZ6)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow