Best selling mirrorless cameras in Japan for 2012

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
zxaar
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,333
Like?
Re: Did you happen to notice....
In reply to Marty4650, Jan 20, 2013

I did not see your post back then and i think it is worth replying to, so ...

Marty4650 wrote:

zxaar wrote:

Loved the fact that pentax Q ranked above OMD.

-- hide signature --

::> Knowledge is mother of efficiency.

That the Pentax Q also outsold the Sony NEX7 and none of the high priced Fujis even made the top 20?

Agree.

I think you are rejoicing for the wrong reason.

I think you misunderstood the reason. First what i said is not much to do with what pentax or fuji or nex did compared to each other.

I was pulling leg of some of the omd fanboys and some others. My post was mainly aimed at these types of people:

1. who take these types of lists too seriously or took these types of lists too seriously when it suited them. Like for example i remember seeing this list quite often when m43 was doing much better compared to nex to show how the system is dominating.

2. Second type of people who dismiss other systems like joke. Like for example when pentax announced Q, most of the people dismissed it as a joke. If it was a jokeĀ  it wouldn't be selling at all. Imagine the best you got in m43 can not even sell a poorest of joke by factor of 2 (given that omd was available only 6 months or so).

The OMD is a $1000 camera and it's easy to understand why it would be outsold by cheaper models. Also, Olympus has several models while Pentax has only one (wait, I think they now have a second one too.) In any case, don't get too excited about Pentax "doing better than the OMD in absolute sales numbers."

I understand all this, i never believe these lists are any reason to put down any model or make.

I'm sure Pentax would prefer to be selling OM-Ds rather than Qs.....

Here you are wrong. They are actually selling Q and actually selling K-01 clearly tells that they do not prefer selling OMD. If they prefered they would have made one. I do not see anything stopping them.

At the end of the day, I was just pulling legs of some people (not all). These are the types of people who take brands too seriously. No company pays us, and they are all out there to make money. There is no charity.

-- hide signature --

::> Knowledge is mother of efficiency.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow